Ever wondered what a ‘non-fungible token’ is? Or have you already dipped your toe into the NFT art collecting hype and are hungry to find out more? Hong Kong’s most ambitious showcase of NFT art all-stars, ‘METAVISION’, is arriving with the aim to democratise and demystify NFT art in all its facets. In doing so, we aim to illuminate the possibilities of the next iteration of the internet — the Metaverse — to all! Powered by HSBC, and supported by Strategic Partner VISA, select world-class artworks from METAVISION will also be displayed at colossal scale at HSBC’s Main Building façade in Central.
Over 200 Globally Coveted NFTs Await
See a curation of the world’s biggest names in NFT art exhibited together in Hong Kong for the first time. With over 200 pieces by more than 30 solo artists and NFT projects alike, we place the spotlight on artists as young as 8 years old to world-class artists such as Tom Sachs, Takashi Murakami and more!
Of this curation of NFT artworks, close to 100 pieces are also available for sale. Fancy taking one home? For displayed NFT artworks that are on sale, simply scan the accompanying QR code to submit a sales enquiry!
Highlighted artists include:
• Art Blocks — Museum-worthy Generative Art NFTs
• Arthus Ng — 8-year-old NFT Whizz Kid
• Azuki — Anime Gatekeepers of the Style World
• Bored Ape Yacht Club — NFTs’ Most Popular Ancestors
• CLONE X - X Takashi Murakami — Superflat for the Web3 World
• CryptoPunks — The Pixelated Pioneers
• CyberKongz — Gorillas With Return$
• Doodles — The Cutest Intergalactic Travellers
• Felix Ip — Homegrown Steampunk Illustrator
• Jon's Pizza Shop by Jon Burgerman — Making Food Fun from NYC
• MOAR by Joan Cornellà — King of Dark Humour
• Tom Sachs: Rocket Factory — The Ultimate American Rocket Man
• World of Women — Women Empowerment Queens
To give audiences an immersive experience of K11’s unique Cultural-Retail concept, the NFT collection is displayed across nine floors curated according to each floor’s theme. Join our docent-led METAVISION TOUR to see all the best NFT works!
#K11MUSEANFT: Join Tour & WIN 10,000 K Dollars!
Snap a photo of your favourite NFT at METAVISION and tell us why it’s your favourite in the caption! Post on Instagram with the hashtag #K11MUSEANFT for a chance to win 10,000 K Dollars! T&Cs Apply.
‘Spot the Avatar’ Digital Game
Step into the metaverse and get ready to go hunting! Play ‘Spot the Avatar’ on the ‘K11 HK’ app to discover the hype through our Audio Guide, and earn surprise offers along the way!
Make Your Own NFT with K11 Kulture Academy
Discover the growing sector of NFT art with online classes and short courses where you will have the opportunity to make your own NFT avatar, icon, or digital music track!
1. Design Your Own Digital Avatars & Icons
2. Create Your Own Digital Character NFTs
3. Compose & Produce Your Own Music NFT
1. Make Your Own Digital Art NFT
2. Compose Your Own Music NFTs
Learn first-hand from NFT artists on their creative process and get guided on how to make your first blockchain-backed artwork, through sessions with Hong Kong artists The French Girl and Arthus Ng!
Want to hear from the leading voices on the NFT market, and innovation in the Web3 age? Tune into our Zoom sessions, and podcast series available on Spotify, Apple Podcast and YouTube.
• 27 April - “Will NFT Make Musicians Rich?” with Award-winning Musician Hanjin Tan & Charles d'Haussy of ConsenSys
• 18 May - “How Auction Houses Have Made NFTs Luxury” with Max Moore, Head of Contemporary Art Auctions, Sotheby’s Asia
• 25 May - “What’s the Deal with Generative Art?” with Richard Kim, General Partner at Galaxy Interactive
• 1 June - “From Moon Shoe to Masterpiece” with Jordan Geller, founder of Shoezeum
• 8 June - “How to Make a Name For Yourself in NFT Art” with Rachel Winter, artist of Remarkable Women
• 15 June - “From NOTHING to Something” with Carl Pei, CEO & Co-founder of NOTHING
Watch this space and subscribe to K11 MUSEA’s YouTube Channel to stay updated on the latest releases!
Exclusive Visa Offer – Get 50 K Dollars Now!
On Saturday, Sunday and public holidays between 30 April – 19 June 2022, spend HK$1,000 or above with your Visa credit card and snap a photo of the Visa’s CryptoPunk #7610 at B1, K11 MUSEA (near Givenchy Beauty) to get 50 K Dollars! Present your submission to K11 Koncierge to redeem!
REQUIREMENTS:Same-day Visa spending of HK$1,000 or above* + Take a photo of Visa’s CryptoPunk #7610 at B1, K11 MUSEA (near Givenchy Beauty)
REWARDS#:Get 50 K Dollars
Promotion Period: Sat, Sun and Public Holidays (30 Apr – 19 Jun 2022)
Redemption Counter: K11 Koncierge, B2, K11 MUSEA
Redemption Time: 10:00am - 10:00pm
#Daily quota applies and on first-come-first-served basis. Terms and conditions
Stay tuned as a slew of special NFT showcases continue to pop up at Gold Ball and beyond. Explore the vast potential of the metaverse at K11 MUSEA today!
You May Also Like
How do you build a community of feminists with a single artwork?
For some, the advent of “picture for proof” profile image NFTs have made pioneering NFT projects status symbols for collectors. For others, they are canvases for self-expression to showcase your tastes and beliefs, even a rallying cry for messages of empowerment and equality. For Canadian digital artist Rachel Winter, her project Remarkable Women was a celebration of all women, guided to uplift, affirm and empower. On top of a heartwarming global community connected online, proceeds from secondary sales also go towards the Remarkable Women Impact Fund that benefits international causes dedicated to women, justice, equality and inclusion as voted by the holders of Remarkable Women NFTs.
In this instalment of K11 Konversations moderated by Emmy-nominated host Shira Lazar, we speak with Remarkable Women’s artist Rachel Winter and NFT launchpad House of First’s Chief Marketing Officer Nick Fontova to discuss Winter’s art centred on female empowerment, the work behind cultivating a growing NFT project, and how to build a global, like-minded community through art.
• Nick Fontova, ‘MrPinkNFT’ & Marketing Lead, House of First
• Rachel Winter, Artist, Remarkable Women
• Shira Lazar, Digital Creator & Founder/CEO of What's Trending
K11 Konversations: Remarkable Women - Feminist Art in the Web3 World
Date: 8 June 2022
Time: 6:30PM HKT (Online Zoom Session)
Share for Good, Share the Love! With the outbreak of the fifth COVID-19 wave, New World Development again champions the spirit of “Creating Shared Value” with the objective to contribute to the community through concrete actions.
Connecting NGOs with like-minded individuals and organisations, New World has launched the online platform ‘Share for Good’ to bring donors and beneficiaries together and provide for the needy through monetary donations and daily necessities, such as anti-epidemic items, supermarket cash coupons, learning assistance materials and more.
Everyone can lend a helping hand to those in need and share the love! Show your support now and donate cash through the ‘Share for Good’ platform today. Lend a hand, leave an impact!
DONATE CASH NOW
Presented from K11’s collection, the auction record-breaking 1972 Nike Moon Shoe stunned the world with its innovative design at the time, exemplary of Nike's “Never Done” spirit.
The shoe makes its return to K11 MUSEA as the first chapter in marking Nike’s storied 50-year legacy of moving the world forward through the power of sport. ‘Nike at 50: A Genealogy of Progress’ is hosting a never-before-seen showcase — from the historic Moon Shoe itself to multiple pioneering advancements in sustainable design, Nike tells an emotional story of its core values and dreams for the future.
Curated by Nike Hong Kong, ‘Nike at 50: A Genealogy of Progress’ allows all to explore the Swoosh’s milestone moments with four zones dedicated to different areas of progress.
Explore Nike’s culture of innovation through four key zones:
- Nike 50 Moments — Celebrate the past, present and future of Nike through an immersive, audiovisual experience.
- Moon Path — See the iconic 1972 Moon Shoe up close and discover how Nike’s performance technologies have always paved the way for athletes.
- Allure of Air — Experience how the cushioning technology pioneered by Nike has evolved since the 1970s to becoming one of the brand’s most sustainable innovations.
- Move to Zero Lounge — Explore Nike’s dedication to rethinking design that can both advance athletic performance and take us closer to a circular, closed-loop system. Six Hong Kong artists have taken on the challenge to use hyper-local Nike materials to craft sustainable living spaces and art objects — all available for purchase.
Register your slot below and discover how Nike’s legacy has led sport and the betterment of the planet in the past 50 years, and will continue to do so in the next 50 years and more.
Date: 23 May – 11 June
Opening Hours: 11AM – 9PM
Location: 605, 6F, K11 Art & Cultural Centre, K11 MUSEA
As you’re soaking up the sunshine along the harbourfront, venture to K11 MUSEA’s instagrammable Weekend Market Pop-up to discover a range of homegrown gems — from delicious handcrafted gastronomic delights to gallery-worthy artwork to all-natural skincare and aromatherapy products and more!
Explore the rotating selection of local brands every weekend from 29 April onwards at the blooming gardens on K11 MUSEA’s Art & Cultural Centre!
Spot these curated handmade goodies:
• FOOTO’s rich and gooey brownies and lava-centred cookies are a must-try for all chocoholics!
• Perfect for picnics, Le Dessert’s signature meringues and jarred desserts were created by Michelin-starred pastry chefs Alexis Watrin & Julien de Préaumont.
• Bringing Japanese outdoor culture to Hong Kong, WowPapa Go Camping offers everything from portable Japanese sake and handcrafted camping accessories, to cooking utensils and tableware.
• Breathelab.22’s array of handcrafted aromatherapy accessories will transport you to scenic landscapes with their distinct olfactive creations!
Participating Brands include:
Delicacies: The Kookē, Bel-Zims Chocolatier, Kaas Atelier, FOOTO, Hexapi Honey, Fire Rainbow, Le Dessert, Hong Kong Whistle, Ex Plum Wine, Bimstage & An-am Coffee, Hello Molly Gelato, Maison Argaud, Bonne, Yuentea
Art & Artisanal Handcrafts: C'adore Jewellery, Michelle Yuen Jewelry, Breathelab.22, Aussie Premier, The Scentist Hong Kong, WowPapa Go Camping, THEO FLORAL, Novella, T-World Pearl, CASTELBEL PORTO, Tsuiball, and more!
What’s more, join in on the flowering season and perfect your craft for spring with a slew of K11 Kulture Academy workshops taking place at theWeekend Market Pop-up ! Stay tuned for more!
Dates: 29 April - 26 June 2022 (Fri, Sat, Sun & Public Holidays only)
Opening Hours: 5:00PM - 9:00PM (Fri); 12:00PM - 9:00PM (Sat, Sun & PH)
Location: 6F Art & Cultural Centre, K11 MUSEA
For your peace of mind, K11 MUSEA has implemented enhanced health & safety protocols according to the government’s latest social distancing measures.