The “Little Nature Ambassador Programme” is curated by Nature Discovery Park in partnership with The Jane Goodall Institute Hong Kong – founded by United Nations Peace Ambassador, Dr. Jane Goodall. The Programme is also supported by local social organizations Beyond Vision Projects, AESIR and SLCO Community Resources Limited.
A take-home learning kit will be delivered to participants to learn alongside four modules with unique sustainability learning outcomes.
Each participant will be able to receive:
• Four online modules - covering Earth, Sea and Sky natural elements, Hong Kong’s Biodiversity, Lifecycle of Plants, Sustainable Living Tips and Recycling Concepts to encourage children to adopt Eco-friendly daily habits.
• Four offline workshops - Nature Discovery Tour, three Nature and Social Inclusion Workshops (The Nature Sign Language Workshop, Self-Portrait and “Little Nature Ambassador Programme” graduation).
• One Take-home learning kit – Nature Discovery Park Storybook, Tactile learning sheets with Braille and augmented reality-enabled sign bilingual vocabulary learning package.
• A certificate of participation signed by Nature Discovery Park and The Jane Goodall Institute Hong Kong upon completion of all modules.
This programme aims to nurture a new generation of sustainability changemakers. Through the multi-sensory learning kit, children will discover the mysteries of nature and be motivated to care about the environment. The programme also aims to promote social inclusion and Creating Shared Value (CSV).
Age : 2 to 6 years old
Price : $1580 (For one child and one guardian)
Date of class: 1 Aug to 31 Aug 2020 (All modules to be completed by 31 Aug 2020)
Inspired by the vision of Adrian Cheng, Founder of the K11 Group, to build a Silicon Valley of Culture in which to incubate creative talents and propagate a culture of sustainability, Nature Discovery Park is Hong Kong’s first urban biodiversity museum and sustainability-themed education park. The Park offers guided green tours to raise awareness of Hong Kong’s ecological importance and cultural heritage, workshops and an urban farming experience to promote a sustainable lifestyle, events that echo the UN Sustainable Development Goals and a venue for sustainable brands and like-minded individuals to gather.
Founded by renowned primatologist Dr. Jane Goodall, the Jane Goodall Institute is a global nonprofit dedicated to wildlife research, education and conservation. The primary focus of the Jane Goodall Institute Hong Kong office is “Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots”, an education program which empowers young people to care for the environment, the community and animals through action.
You May Also Like
American artist Joel Shapiro’s large sculpture Untitled (1992) exhibits the signature sense of movement in Shapiro’s works, which, through the arrangement of simplified elements, are powerfully suggestive of active human forms that engage viewers’ physical and psychological relationships with space. Subverting a distinction between abstraction and representation, the artist reconsiders the modern figurative tradition, creating abstract geometric sculpture that appears to reach, balance, and dance. His work as a whole can be seen as an ongoing succession of movements in which each individual work represents one significant action.
Joel Shapiro, Untitled, 1992, bronze, 10' 7-3/4" x 6' 6-3/4" x 2' 3" © 2020 Joel Shapiro / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York, courtesy Pace Gallery
Bid for Charity and Win an Exclusive Snow Angel Mickey
K11 MUSEA reinvents online art bidding to inspire and create shared value in the community. Held in partnership with Make-A-Wish Hong Kong, K11 MUSEA's #ShareToInspireBid creative charity barter bid helps children in need to fulfil their wishes.
From 26 July to 7 August 2020, K11 MUSEA will open barter bids to the public for special Snow Angel Mickey artworks created by international artists, local artists, and celebrities.
The bids that win the Snow Angel Mickey artworks will directly go to Make-A-Wish Hong Kong, which will allocate the bids among its patients to fulfil their wishes.
Visit the Gold Ball, 2F at K11 MUSEA to see the 10 figures in real life!
Learn how to bid now!
From kale, carrots, basil to eggplants, grow your own seasonal, organic produce at Nature Discovery Park, conveniently located on the 8th floor of K11 MUSEA!
This June to August summer programme includes:
- Your very own 1m x 1m farm plot for 3 months
- 12 times farm access for 4 people
- 4 hands-on sessions on organic farming principles, natural fertilisation, food waste composting and more! (Regularly priced at $350 per session)
- Schedule for hands-on session: Farming Workshops at 10am to 1130am on the follow dates - Jun 6 , Jul 11, Aug 1 and Aug 29 (Harvest Day)
- Price: $1,900 with all materials, hands-on sessions and access for 4 people included
*Additional farm access can be purchased separately as park admission
- For inquiries, please contact 6398 9372 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: 12:00nn – 6:00pm every day
Venue: Bohemian Garden, 7F
Fee: HK$120 for 1 canvas
Price includes art supplies. Top up options of paint brushes and apron are available, please enquire at Koncierge on G/F, B1 or B2, or KLUB 11 Koncierge on 4F.
Click below to purchase 2 canvas or all-inclusive package
Click here for 2 canvas
Click here for all-inclusive package